Thursday, January 04, 2024

Last Year's Look Back

 Here's a very long back at last year. Besides all of the posting about the extreme winter weather earlier in the year, (bomb cyclones, snow days, etc.) I had a lot of sewing and making going on. I'm going to split this look back up into categories, because that's how my brain works I guess. 

  • Finishes: things that I finished in 2023. 
  • Progress Made: things that I started or continued working on but did not finish in 2023. 
  • Donations to BAM: blocks, binding quilts, making community giving quilts at Sew Days, making it work bags, finished quilts donated in 2023.

Finishes


Burn Grow Slide made and exhibited with other BAM quilts at the San Mateo County Fair.

Orange You Glad - sandwiched, quilted and bound.


Stitch Happened - top back and binding made, quilted and bound.


Checkerboard-ish a challenge for SBMQG made during the year.


Word Quilt a challenge for SBMQG

Eyes Have It another table runner made.

All sixty-one days of ICAD


A Drawstring Gift Bag


A Fabric Postcard


A Pincushion


SJSA Blocks stitched


Quilt Photography done (finally!)

Progress Made


Trinket - Paper pieced blocks, made top, back and binding. All sandwiched and ready to quilt


Slopes - Made blocks, top, back and binding. Sandwiched and ready to quilt

Clover - Paper pieced four blocks, assembled, quilted and now ready for Swerves for the backing.

Japanese Houses - about halfway quilted.


Pantone Project - 73 out of 100 blocks made! 


2023 Temperature Quilt - fabric dyed, pieces cut, halfway pieced, all the way through June.


Snake In The Garden - a lot more stitching done.


Made many more elements for the Y.E.S. Coat

Kawaandi did a lot more stitching and additions of fabrics.


Started a Wedge Quilt


Started a Face Quilt


Nearly finished a six week Dyeing Class

BAM Donations

Wild Goose Chase


SJSA Sew Day


Churn Dash Blocks



Two Quilted and Bound


Sew Day Scrappy Log Cabin


8 9-Patch Blocks


Binding made and applied


Made It Work - made top, back, sandwiched and ready to quilt

Social

I'm not adding all my posts up for the year, but I worked on posting consistently on Instagram, quit Twitter/X, joined Threads, Spoutible and BlueSky. I was less consistent with posting on all those new ones, it will take some sorting out to see which I really use in 2024. I was very very haphazard posting/responding on Facebook because I have never liked that interface and so avoid it unless necessary..


And finally, here is the yearly 1SE video, all one second shots of every day of 2023. Another whole year down. I really enjoy this app and will keep using it this year.

No comments: