Saturday, March 18, 2023

Eyes Have It

 

Over the last couple of days, I got the fussy-cut Rock Candy table topper all sewn together and quilted. Mostly because I really want to put the blocks for the Slopes quilt up on my design wall. Here's how it looked when I got started.

The six triangles being assembled. I love how easily this goes together, having those diamond and triangle corners notched off really helps me.
The two halves are all ready to go together. I reminded myself how to sew this bit as it's the hardest part to get right by re-watching the very helpful video that JayBird Quilts put out.
Tah-dah! After playing around with this for so long, I'm so happy that it's all sewn together, woohoo! My eye-centric version, of course I'm calling it "Eyes Have It".
I added the borders and got to quilting and am putting on the binding right now. I went with just outline quilting as it's so busy anything fancy would be lost in the happy color chaos.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

This turned out really well! I could really see the individual fabrics once you highlighted them with the mineral fabric. Great work!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks, I really pleased with the result of all that fussy cutting. Sometimes it is worth it.