Thursday, March 30, 2023

Checkerboard-ish

After getting all the lovely new fabric washed, I've sorted it out and decided to actual get down to using some instead of just petting it...So, off to the races on getting a mini quilt done for the SBAMQG challenge. I was given the above pallete challenge, and have to use at least 3 out of 5 of the colors.

I decided to an improvisational type of thing instead of sketching or EQ8-ing a design. The main thing I was starting with besides the color was size on the smallish side, ie able to be finished by 4/4. 

I started with 1" strips of the two blues and began the process to get to my one of my favorite go-to's: checkerboard. I cut them up into 2.5" sections.

I randomly sewed the 2.5" checkerboard-ish sections to the ends of some 2.5" wide strips, not paying attention to which direction the checkerboards were going. I arranged the strips and cut and sewed ad re-cut them until I liked the look of things.

the colors are all wrong in this photo, but I still wanted to show how this looks a little closer up.
\
Time to add the third color into the mix. I cut a .75"wide strip of the fuchsia (magenta? as well as a slightly smaller .63"wide strip

Here's how it looks with the inserted small diagonal strips. I think this is done, except for perhaps some sort of small border that incorporates the other two remaining colors. I'm looking forward to getting this quilted tomorrow.

No comments: