Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Shifting Slopes


I counted and figured out how many blocks I made, 200 exactly. Which is funny because I know that I did not at all plan for an even number like that. Just ended up that way? Eleven of them aren't included here as they were mis-cut due to my problem with figuring out the trimming instructions. So, I probably shouldn't use them. A few of them are probably not that far off but I'm not sure if I want to try and fudge it with a design like this that relies on all the diagonals matching up.
I've left the main part of the layout mostly untouched and fiddled around with the edges a bit. I've introduced some diagonal stripes a bit and I'm considering playing with that a bit more across the whole quilt. I will try that as I move the blocks around. I also might change the dimensions of the layout, taking out a column and adding a row.
Leeloo squinching up her eyes in hello to DS as he makes comments on the quilt in progress. He likes it a lot, so maybe I'll give this one to him when it's all done.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I missed what method you used? The Color Collective method or the HuRTy?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I used the CC method with the HuRTY ruler, which may or may not be the same as I didn't read the HuRTY instructions. I just used the ruler because it had the 1/4" intersections marked off so clearly.