Saturday, March 04, 2023

Subtle As A Brick

 

I received the latest Color Collective selection this week, and it's really different.
It's a lot more subtle than some of the other months. Well most of it is, except for the two fabrics on the bottom, that brick/dark adobe reddish brown and the scarlet.
I think this selection willl work really well with the pattern that's provided this month, which is a sort of wonky-ish triangle strip thing.
It's going to be fun to work with this palette, and play with inserting the alternative colors that Tara Faughnan suggests.
And as a little bonus nice thing I noticed in my Sewtopia shipment, it's packed in a very tough bag, that claims that "I'm Better" as in it's compostable. I'm throwing it in our composter this week and I'll report back. Fingers crossed that it actually is, because what a great solution that would be to the excessive plastic that's involved in shipping products like fabric.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I like the cool colors, but the mauve colors in the center aren't my favorites

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I don't really care for those colors on their own either, but they play really nicely with all the others in the palette.