Friday, March 17, 2023

Clover Quilted


I pushed on and got the curved line quilting done. As you can see I jettisoned my four corners idea and just went with one all over curve. It would have been too much quilting and I want this quilted pillow-top to be soft not stiff with stitches.
It got a little shaky in the upper corner, but I'm not going for perfection here, obviously.
Those atomic star looking shapes aren't highlighted but they're still quite prominent to my eye.
I like the juxtaposition of the straight lines and the curves, especially when they meet up so well like this.
So now onto piecing the back where I'll be using the HST's that I contemplated using in the borders somehow. And I'm thinking that will also be quilted so that the front and back match up in structural quality to not screw up the zipper.

No comments: