Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Trinket Time


 During the last BAM meeting, someone mentioned that Alison Glass was having a sew-a-long for her very cool pattern, Trinket. I've always really loved her fabrics, and already have a pretty good stash of them, so I decided to sign up for the sew-a-long and get the pattern and try it out. At this point I'm planning on making it with the fabric I already have. But of course there are many tempting bundles for sale, like this one


There are so many variations on the pattern that she's already shared with us, so it's going to be hard to choose one to go with. Most have to do with whether or not to have the checkerboard look that the main pattern picture shows above. One option that I like is to have all the backgrounds of the blocks match the alternating solid squares so the trinket items are just floating. It's not nearly as colorful though, and that's a big part of what I'm drawn to with Alison Glass's fabrics, the intense and over-saturated color, so I'll probably go ahead and do the one above. 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

You are right. That bundle is great.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It’s so great that I talked myself into getting it, I knew it was going to be trouble looking at all the bundles on offer