Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Wandering Wednesday-San Diego Again

 Here's a Wandering Wednesday post in real time for once. I'm in San Diego for our annual trip, DH is at his conference and I'm doing my usual museum visits, etc. This was a view of the ocean from a rest stop in Oceanside on our drive down.
I always like seeing the orchards in bloom along highway 5, the fallen petals look like snow below the trees. We saw a lot of snow on our drive, all the mountain tops were white, and there was a lot on the summit of the Grapevine pass.

We're staying at hotel near the convention center that overlooks one of the many many harbors of the area.

The double train tracks, one for a streetcar, and the other for the Amtrak Coaster. Lots of room for birds on the wires.
\
The Santa Fe station with the pretty tiled dome, I always like the overhead lines, they remind me of quilting lines.


Spotted some of the nicest looking "hostile architecture" or "defensive urbanism" that I've ever seen. 
A rather gorgeous espresso machine, a La Marzocco in Aqua Blue. Makes really great coffee, I wish I had the counter space for one.
View of the Midway with all the planes out on deck and the beautiful sky.

We get some pretty nice sunset views from our room.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!! Amazing photos. I love your observations as well.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks glad you like them