When I last posted about the current Journey2Nebula
project, Rock Candy, these first two were the arrangements I had started out with. I settled on the second one, having the darker grey make a prominent star in the center.
I decided to play around with it before just sewing it together and being unhappy with it, and I'm glad I did! Here I tried to put the lightest colors on the outside. But it doesn't quite work.
More fiddling around, looking much better, but my eye keeps getting stuck on that super dark grey with white plus signs.
Ahhh much better. Worth the time to cut a few extra pieces of fabric. Still pretty dark, but not as contrasty within the fabric shape itself.
I think this might be the final version that I've landed on. But I am still hesitating to start sewing it together. Maybe I'll just dive in. I like the dramatic look the dark grey background gives this piece in process.