Tuesday, November 17, 2020

KaelidaCam

 

I'm having fun playing with a new iPhone app, KaleidaCam. It was recommended by someone I follow on Instagram, Kate Godfrey, (You can follow her at @gollyokate )   There's just something about kaleidoscopic images and the thrill of turning what you see with your naked eye into something so complicated. Endless fun.

These two are the first attempts I did with the app taken from a top-down view of my pincushion. The possibilities of this are endless and the app itself is very easy to use. I'm finding it much more relaxing that playing a game or reading twitter.

It really reminds me of a mantis shrimp.

I had a kaleidoscope program on my old laptop, Kaleidoscope Creator but it wasn't compatible with the Mac so I've missed being able to create kaleidoscope pictures. That was just editing an existing photo into a kaleidoscopic view of it, this new app can do that, but it's true creative power is in using it live.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I immediately thought of that old program, but couldn't think of the name. I remember you creating with it. I'm glad you mentioned it and found a new toy.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It's very satisfying and relaxing to use, I'm enjoying it.