Thursday, November 05, 2020

Last Row

 

Jumping backwards to finish the final row of the Safe At Home quilt. This row is an offset log cabin. And  my first decision was whether or not to include some of the grey background in the blocks. As it's designed, there wasn't to be any background. 


After 'making visual decisions visually,' I went with using none of my background color, grey. Of course this is just a single block and not a row's worth of blocks, so I'm still a little unsure of how it will look with such a background intensive design for all the other rows in the quilt. 
Visually it will be quite an "anchor".

The colorful chaos of my worktable. The box has all the cut pieces not used from this project. Presumably I'll assemble them into something that goes on the back of the quilt.

No comments: