Wednesday, November 04, 2020

November, November

Happy November, it's one that's I've been looking forward to for four years. 

The entire state of California, which is where I live was mailed an absentee ballot. So that's how we voted this year. We dropped our completed ballots off in one of the many convenient ballot drop boxes, and done. Easy peasy, no waiting in line and worrying about catching Covid. I really really wish it was this easy for every single American citizen. It should be, and it's not, which is not fair--on purpose. Which is even worse in my opinion. 

It was nice that they gave us an "I Voted" sticker in the absentee ballot packet. I put it on the back of my cellphone for now.



Then after we had dropped the ballot in the box I wondered if it had been picked up. It was super easy to track my ballot online which was pretty cool to be able to see where it was in the process. They even gave me a digital sticker:

The monthly marker image above is another Snapseed creation, combining two photos and a bunch of edits. It's this one:

plus this one:



 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I agree with everything you said about voting. I wore my sticker around for a week before the election (from when I put my ballot in the box) until about week after the Big Day. Now it is in my journal.

Your creations in Snapseed are so much better than mine. I guess I need to play more or get an iPhone.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

My sticker is still on the back of my phone. My plan is to take it off on Inaguration Day assuming it all goes well. Does Snapseed have a version for your phone? I play with the pictures a lot for these things, I use very many steps and adjustments, probably too many. The iPhone camera on my new phone is definitely a really big upgrade, not sure it's worth the extra expense or not.