Monday, March 20, 2023

Trinket Supplies


As I posted about previously, I"m doing the Trinket Sew A Long in April, and I needed a little more variety in the Alison Glass fabrics I was going to be using. There were several curated bundles on offer from various quilt shops and I ended up buying the 32 piece fat 1/8th bundle from Pink Door Fabrics
I'm very pleased with the variety of prints in the bundle. 
There are selections from several of Alison Glass's collections which are all so different from each other when you look more closely at them. I didn't realize she had a fabric design called Trinket which has the little symbols we'll be piecing. I guess I'm not a very thorough Alison Glass fangirl.
But they all use very similar colors so they all play very well together.

I also ordered some of the SunPrints range along with some solids from SF Bay Quilts.
The two peppered cottons are in Cheddar and Green Tea, and the FQ on the right was a freebie that they throw in. (Isn't that a nice touch?!)
This is the random palette I was assigned for a mini quilt that's due in early April for SBAMQG, they're all Kona colors, but I don't have to use all of them in the quilt. The color names are yummy aren't they?: Geranium, Lipstick, Gumdrop, Turquoise, Deep Blue. I like these colors and think I will make it a size and shape that will fit well on my dining table and use it as a table runner.

Here's how the SF Bay Quilts and the Pink Door fabrics stack up together, I really think it's gonna work for the Trinket quilt! I still need to decide on which version I'm doing and thus which and how much of a background fabric I'll need though. 

But, I can't start in on anything yet because I need to wash it all, and we're on day 6 of no hot water, sigh. Our hot water heater went kaput and is getting replaced on Wednesday. Guess what I'll be washing first (after myself of course)?
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

OMG!! No water heater in addition to everything else?? Poor you! You know you can always come over.

I really love the combination of Alison Glass fabrics you plan to use. I am sure some of them will work for the Pantone Project also.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yeah, it's bad timing, but we're getting a new and much more energy efficient one installed.
Yes, the AG fabrics will definitely be used in the Pantone Project as well, there will be plenty of fabric for it