Tuesday, December 05, 2023

A Pincushion

 I don't know why, but making a pincushion for the BAM swap became a Big Deal. I was really stuck for a while for a million reasons. But I eventually chose a simple pattern to use, Noodlehead's free Wagon Wheel complete with an assembly tutorial. The next sticking point was choosing fabrics.
I was stuck there for a while, but eventually I settled on these fabrics.
Very simple piecing for the top, then a bottom and a side band.
The provided template with the pattern.
I think it's pretty straight on. I like the lopsidedness of the beans (eyes).
I used the disappearing marking pen to mark the circle.
I sewed the center band on very slowly as it's a fairly small circle. It went together very easily.
I used un-dyed wool roving and poly pellets to stuff the pincushion full full full. 
The wool roving compacted down so there were little pockets to fill up.
The bottom highlights a Tula Pink beetle.
All sewn-up, time for a glamour shot or two.
Portrait mode on my phone, I like how it slightly blurs the background. Makes for a good photo. 

I hope it is very happy in its new home!

No comments: