Monday, December 11, 2023

Snowy Pines Design

Just like last month the EQ8 newsletter landed in my email inbox at the right time so that I was pulled into creating a design for the featured Block Spotlight, Snowy Pine. It's in the Contemporary Pieced category in EQ8 along with another forest of various tree designs. I could see using the HuRTy ruler to make the tree blocks.
This is my submitted design, Snowy Pines. I started out using the limited fabric choices that I have in EQ8 but soon decided to switch over to using just solid colors. Makes sense to me with such modern (contemporary even) quilt block. I wanted to make a sort of wreath design with the circling directional trees emphasizing the wreath-ish circle. 

I'm putting this in the "maybe someday quilt designs" category.  Over the years I've made Christmas bed quilts, a table runner, stockings, decorations and even clothing, but not a wall quilt. 
So maybe someday...

No comments: