Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Percolating

A couple weeks ago I was on Instagram and noticed how nice and colorful my "grid" looked. I took a screen shot (on purpose this time, wow!).

And then off to Percolator I went, just to see if I was right. First of all, I love the black and white abstraction of the top and bottom, isn't that cool? Almost like a steampunk lace design. Also, some of the squares of the photos would make great mini-quilts just like this. 
I played around with some of the settings (it's pretty much impossible not to).
This circle overlay look with more of the original picture is interesting. I was thinking of how to make this in a fabric piece, it would have to be layered. The background piece could be a print out on fabric of the screen shot photo. Then subsequent layers could also be printed on organza or something similar. I think it might work.
I like this greyed-out version a lot. Some of these squares from the original photo suggest great color palettes for a quilt.
 

No comments: