Saturday, December 09, 2023

A Quilt Bound

At the BAM meeting last weekend I picked up a Community Giving quilt that was already quilted but needed the binding to be made and applied. There was a lot of the backing fabric left over once I trimmed the quilt so I made the binding out of that nice patterned red. I wrapped the binding around an old thread cone and set it up like a Binding Baby on the second spool on my machine, it worked very well.  My Binding Baby is already filled up with the binding for the Village/Japanese Houses quilt waiting for the     quilting to get done.
I'm doing an all-machine sewn binding because this is a quilt that will likely be washed a lot.
It's looking pretty good.

Here's how the whole quilt looks, such a great design and quilting, not sure who in BAM to credit on that. 

I'm excited to have finished this so quickly. 

These two yellow fabrics are the reason that I selected this particular quilt to work on and get finished. I made a dress for myself out of these same fabrics back in 2009!

No comments: