Monday, June 08, 2009

Almost Dressed

Surprise! Actual sewing content is contained in this post. I started making a dress to wear to my son's middle school graduation from the Indygo Junction pattern I showed you back in January.


I'm using three fabrics from Moda's Urban Couture by BasicGrey, which I specifically bought to use with this pattern. Always hard to figure out if you're buying enough when you're doing contrasts on clothing pattern, but it worked out. Except that the neckline facing patterns weren't with my pattern, so I had to draft my own. Almost done except the sleeves and buttons for the back "tie belt".
I really like the pocket detail on this pattern. And I found a really cool old button in my vintage button stash to use.
I'll try to remember to show you a picture when I finish it completely.

2 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

love the fabric---I can't remember when I last sewed for myself....of course, I would have to MEASURE myself. That could be why!
Looks good! Love the button!

Jaye said...

Let's see the finish product. The pocket detail is cool!