Thursday, December 28, 2023

Start of Something Grey

 

Started in on a new small quilt for the 2024 Stretching Art & Traditions exhibit. The exhibit will be shown at several of the Mancuso shows next year. My original sketch for the theme of rhythm included a five sectioned grey background. At first I was going to use all solids, but I decided to try out some "reads as solid" prints. This was my first selection. Way too dark.
Much Better.
Good, that'll work. 
Pieced and color corrected. And this is just the background, there's going to be some color happening (of course!)
Here's my sketch in my sketchbook, this will be 24"wide x36"high.
Just happen to have 7 recently dyed greens in various shades/combinations to use for the circle-ish shapes. That's where I'm at so far with this. It's due next month.

No comments: