Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Make It Work Again

 

I picked up a "Make It Work' baggie at a BAM sew day back in July. It was mostly filled with blocks made by various people and some pieces/parts that kind of sort of went together. I put this on my To-Do list for December, so it's been churned up to the stage of getting worked on once again. That's how that making a list thing works for me, it stirs up all the to-do stuff in my brain and makes more of it accessible.

I worked on assembling it at another Sew Day in September, but hadn't gotten back to finishing it off until now. I'd gotten stuck on a badly done angled seam that made everything not be flat. After some *un*sewing* it was pretty easy to get back to it. 
I ironed and put up the rest of the small and large pieces of fabric I'm maybe working with for the rest of this top. The dark fabric on the right will probably be the binding.
I have to decide how big to make this thing now. Probably will be at least "lap quilt" size.

No comments: