Sunday, September 03, 2023

September Sew Day

 

Yesterday was Sew Day at BAMQG, and I got a lot of things done in addition to socializing of course. I cut out more backgrounds to use in the Metro Twist quilt and cut the other fabrics into shape as well. I pieced together half of them which are still yet to be trimmed in this picture. Unfortunately I didn't pack for Sew Day very well as my Quick Curve Ruler broke in the pocket of my rolling sewing machine tote. 😞Right at one of thinnest points on the edge. I put painters tape on it and worked out okay. I think I'll crazy glue it though .
The new donation quilt project is a 9-patch based design, and I got a bunch of pre-sorted stacks to sew together.
I got three blocks done, but as you'll notice two are prints on the corners, and one is background on the corners. I'm guessing that's part of the quilt design, needing some of each type of block. My plan is to use these for leaders and enders as I sew together the following:
The Make It Work bag that I took from the donation quilt table in July is now partially sewn together after my efforts at Sew Day. The outer sections aren't sewn in yet, they're just up on the design wall for now. I think I need to put some more solids in from my stash to "make it work". Also, I need to decide on what size quilt I'm shooting for here too. The Kitchen Sink Quilting class is definitely running through my head as I'm working on this.

No comments: