Friday, August 13, 2021

Kitchen Sink - Top Done


 And just like that, I've finished off the top of my Kitchen Sink Quilt. It took a little bit of extra "bit" sewing, the column of squares on the far left, and the pink on pink checkerboard. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and can't believe I made all those very disparate blocks work together. It's busy and colorful and a tad chaotic, which I suppose I should just admit, is my jam.



I was casting around for a title and I've decided to call it "We're All Rectangles". This is a quote from teacher, Maria Shell during the Kitchen Sink Quilting class, which absolutely cracked me up when she said it, so I wrote it down. And she's right of course. We are. 


Even some of the stars on this quilt are comprised of rectangles. I think the rectangles theme works because all of the "bits" I made to pull this quilt top together were rectangles.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

It's really great! You are right in that the whole piece works really well together. I look forward to seeing it quilted and bound. You are on a roll.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, and now I'm considering how to quilt it.