Monday, August 23, 2021

Back to the Back

 




Okay, now the backing for the kitchen sink quilt is really ready and done and all sewn together. This was the last picture of how it looked before I rearranged the rows. The newest row at the bottom caused all the rearranging. 

Looking at how it turned out, I think my backs are getting more and more complicated as I go. Part of it is disliking the need to leave a bunch of scraps hanging out behind. Also, note that this was not made using keeping in mind many of the things I learned in the kitchen sink quilting class.
And then there's the scraps. There weren't a whole lot of them leftover this time as so many made it into the final strip-pieced section. I suppose this is my version of doodling on the phone.

Now to get this sandwiched and quilted...

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I have a lot of the fabrics you show in your scrap leftovers. Great minds. ;-)

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

GMTA!