Sunday, August 08, 2021

Kitchen Sink Work




 The second and final class meeting for Kitchen Sink Quilting with Maria Shell arrived with me having worked on making a whole lot of "bits" to use with the orphaned blocks I'd chosen. I stuck with mainly the solids I'd originally chosen as well as some of the prints that were in my blocks. It turned out that it was much easier than I'd thought it would be to find them in my stash. 

Maria had all the students check in with pictures of their progress and provided very useful direction and advice as well as encouragement. It was very instructive to see each person's work and hear her take on where it might go with this Kitchen Sink technique with so many different sets of color/print/solid palettes and types of blocks. The picture above was the one I received comments on, and her suggestions were very helpful, I feel like I know how to proceed and make this all come together cohesively enough to work.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I like how this going! It looks great.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It was such a fun process to learn and see how all the students started and ended up