Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Forever Figs


Forever figs, we have sooo0Oo many of them this year, so I went searching online for something quick to make with them. I found a recipe that was a play on the melon/prosciutto taste, but substituted figs for the melon. Turns out it was awfully tasty. Looked kinda weird as you can see in the above picture. Also, if you have a problem with the texture of the seeds of figs, I probably wouldn't recommend it for you.

Figs, Tomatoes, Prosciutto and Fresh Mint~ the Recipe for this very excellent salad. 

Next up tonight (if *someone* hasn't eaten the fresh mozzarella,)  I'm going to try making the Fig Caprese Salad, and then maybe if I get super ambitious, I'll try and make my own Fig Newtons.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Why do you have so many figs? Did I know you had a fig tree or just multiple people buying them?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

We have a now giant fig tree taking up most of the backyard, which produces a lot of figs for both us and the birds.