Friday, August 20, 2021

Please Vote

 

After writing Postcards To Voters for a few years now, I finally get the chance to write to voters in my very own state. It's really really easy to jump in and join up in the effort if you're interested or have some time on your hands. I find that it's nice to feel like I'm doing *something* more than following the news or writing and calling my elected reps.

It's also interesting that a lot of the addresses I was given are in little towns we drive through on the way from here to there along highway 5. It's good to be reminded that registered Democratic voters are all over this big state, even in the places you wouldn't necessarily expect them to be.
I really hope the color explosion from the Inktense watercolor pencils is enough to notice these and get the recipients to return their mail-in ballots to vote NO on the ridiculous recall of our governor. He's literally up for re-election **Next Year** and this election is costing us, the taxpayers $276,000,000.  

If you happen to be in California, please vote no on the recall and make sure your friends and family do as well.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Thanks for sending the postcards.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It was worth the effort.