Thursday, August 12, 2021

Kitchen Sink-Blue Border

 


I don't remember when (or why?!) I made these wonky log cabin-is blue blocks with the yellow centers. But I liked expanding them and making them into a blue border. 

They were all very very different sizes ranging from 6" to 9", so that was a bit challenging. I started by squaring up two sides of each block, and then adding the solid light blue on the two opposite sides. That made it easier to be able to whittle down and up to make them work.

 Because they were still visually quite variable, I decided to break up the stacked up look and vary their position within the column with the two blue prints that I used in the three pink/blue blocks in the rest of the quilt top. I tried a couple different arrangements until I found one that I liked the most.
I like how it turned out, and now I know how large the remaining bottom section needs to be. So close to done!


No comments: