Friday, August 27, 2021

Back It Up

I rearranged some of the chunks until I liked the look of it and sewed it together. Still not quite big enough.
There was a little bit of grey left so I stuck it on one end.

So, as you can see, I ended up using a mostly grey on grey print around the edge. Most of this will end up going unquilted and getting chopped off, so I'm not too fussed about it. I think it makes a nice subtle frame. The unprinted side of the fabric was almost exactly the same shade as the solid gray I used in the rest of the back, so it's close enough to work.

 I know, I know, it's been all quilt backs all the time around here. But these things are so big and all-consuming. It doesn't make sense to pack them up halfway through, I need to get them *done*. And so the two I just was working on are done, and that means now it's on to the "fun" of quilt sandwiching. I used that phrase yesterday to my DH and he laughed for a few minutes and then was incredulous when I told him that yes indeed that is the correct terminology for the process. Hey, every human endeavor has its own lingo, right? I might try Christa Watson's table spray basting method.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

GREAT job getting this done. Are you quilting both yourself or will send some out?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I'm planning to quilt it myself