Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Twist Blocks

That was enough free motion quilting for me for now, so I switched over my machine to regular sewing mode. Time for some more work on the piece taking up most of the design wall: Metro Twist. That's the name of the pattern, so not my own title, that hasn't come to me quite yet.

I put that 1/4" foot back on and got down to business sewing together the Metro Twist blocks. First I had to make one BD unit (the curve is the left hand side of a half circle) that I was short. I'd made one extra AC unit as seen in the first picture. It was easy to do one block, as I've now had all this experience using the ruler and following this pattern.


There's one block done! Only fifteen more to go... 
Because this pattern is still messing with my brain as far as orientation, I'm taking it slow and piecing together one block at a time instead of chain piecing rows. This involves putting the units of one block on my pressing board, taking a picture like the one above and then piecing and pressing.
I think it's working out well so far, most of the piecing is going together very easily.
Two done so far, leaving fourteen to go. I should probably sew this together in a column as I go just to make it even more foolproof for myself.


No comments: