Sunday, September 24, 2023

Quilt The Sky

 

As I'm all set up for free motion quilting, I decided to jump over to the Village quilt aka Japanese Houses. But first, I changed the needle, because I couldn't remember the last time I put a new one in! A Schmetz Chrome quilting needle specifically. I have one of those needle minders so at least I know which kind is in the machine, but it doesn't say when. Then I cleaned out the bobbin area. 
Not too bad of an amount this time, sometimes it's truly amazing how much is packed in that space. Free motion quilting means a huge number of stitches, so it's always worth checking. Clearing the way for everything to work well at top speed.

I'm trying to imply fog or clouds in the "sky" of the quilt. In this grey section especially. I may switch it to wind or something else in the blue sections.
I like the look of it so far, but need more practice.
It's a little harder in the spaces between the houses, so I have to figure that out.
Then my studio assistant reminded me it was time to take a break to play with his new piece of yarn.
He was a little put out when I let the Original Cat™ play with it as well. 

We're trying to all get along, but it's hard going sometimes. 






No comments: