Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Five Pantone Project Blocks

 

Now that I've made two of each type of block for the Pantone Project, I'm going back around for round 3. 
After making these five blocks, I'm up to having made 60 now (out of 100). I really like how this group of colors looks together.
I think I'm really into this using the same background on each block that we're doing in this project. It really sets off the fabrics so well. Even with all the varied colors it's cohesive.
Some of these blocks are quite simple which is nice. No paper piecing required.
I did this Chevron with templates, including sewing a Y-Seam (eek!)
This wide stripe was paper pieced so that the stripe would end up in the right place to play well with the other blocks.
Ahhh the simplicity of the good ol' four patch. 

While sewing together the five Pantone Project blocks, I used the squares of the 9-patch donation blocks as leaders and enders.And voilá all 8 are done and ready to turn in.

As I was piecing the last of these blocks I noticed that the fabric on the lower left featured a logo for the Roaring Camp Railroads, our local steam train. It either takes you up into the redwoods or down to the beach. I thought it made for a funny block when use along with the Cal fabric.Very specific to me personally and quite local yokel-ish.
And speaking of local yokel stuff, c'mon, pumpkins for sale on 9/4/23?!? That's too soon by several weeks, maybe a month? I love Halloween a whole lot, but really, early September?

No comments: