Saturday, September 09, 2023

Sunny Saturday

I'm having my second coffee of the morning on the deck, and my DH arrives with the new tent that we bought a couple years ago and haven't yet used. He proceeds to set it up in a few minutes after cursing about one thing or another and checking for better set up information than is included.
Now that it's just the two of us, of course this is when we have the biggest tent we have ever owned. This thing is 8' x 8'. For reference, way back when (37 years ago!) we started out camping in a tiny little just barely two person backpacking tent. 
He hasn't put the rain fly on even though it's getting cloudy. Monterey County, the next county over is getting rain, hall and dry lightning, so it's a little unsettled. Hoping none of that comes our way.
We are thrilled with the idea of standing up inside the tent, so much easier to change clothes.
And of course this means we may be bringing the Aero Bed air mattress. I'm quoting DH here: "We could even bring pillows and blankets!"

I have to say, it's pretty cushy and if it wasn't getting so hot, I might spend the day out here reading.
But will it really be camping if we're not on the ground on our mats and in our sleeping bags? I mean, we'll still be sleeping outside in Yosemite and all. I will report back after next week. I'm so excited, it's been years since we've camped in Yosemite and I can't wait.


 

No comments: