Thursday, September 07, 2023

Twenty-two Twists

I trimmed up the Metro Twist blocks I sewed at Sew Day using the now broken Quick Curve ruler. That blue painter's tape on the edge is holding it steady, but I still intend to glue it. 
Memo to me: Remember to pack better for the next Sew Day.
Using the Quilter's Select ruler to make the final trim to 3"x6".
The process slowed down considerably when my new studio assistant intervened.
I got to use one free arm and two free hands to cut the rest.
There they go rolling downhill.
I pieced and trimmed the rest of the blocks and added them in. 12 of one type and 10(?) of the other.
I laid out all the blocks together and discovered I need 6 more blocks to fill out the square. I am unsure about those 6 really light prints, they really stand out to me. So I may need 12 total. But that would be an odd size for a useable quilt as I'm not intending this one to be a wall piece. More calculations will follow



No comments: