Sunday, January 21, 2024

Far Flung LQS

I've been out and about the last couple of days, and here's my modest haul of new goodies. 
From Bay Quilts, five pieces of Carolyn Friedlander prints and a spool of red Spagetti (yes it's misspelled on purpose, sigh) 12wt cotton hand-sewing threads. I now have a good collection of the very distinctive Friedlander prints and am looking for a quilt project to utilize them. I like a lot of her patterns, but I think I want to design my own. Bay Quilts is such a great store, they display their fabrics in collections, so it's easy to find if you're looking for something specific from a certain designer's collection. 

And one pack of beautiful Rifle Paper file folders from The Container Store. I hadn't been in one of those stores in ages, so I could have bought a million zillion things there, but I was admittedly overwhelmed by the choices. Of the many many things I was drawn to, I either don't need, already have working versions of, or would need to measure to make sure they fit a certain space. But it was super fun to see all the new-fangled solutions to storage. In QuiltMavs we had arrived at the realization that at the beginning of every new year a whole lot of us would go out and buy a new group of POTs (Plastic Organizer Thingies). I always thought that'd be a very fun name for a business that sold thad kind of stuff.
And just to memorialize it, a vintage card I gave to friend Jaye for her birthday. I'm pretty sure I bought this in the 80's or 90's and just thought she needed it this year. The image is from photographer Nick Koudis (on Instagram) and printed by the card company Palm Press. They're still in business since 1980, and they're on Instagram too, cool!



 

No comments: