Sunday, January 28, 2024

Project Quilting 15.2 - Sky Color

 For this week's Project Quilting, the prompt was Sky Color. The twist was that we were to use less than 10% of sky blue. This is my piece, Winter Sunset.
Just like last time I did a sketch in Procreate on my iPad and then printed it out on a sheet of printer ready fabric.
And once again, even after doing a printhead cleaning and realignment I got pink horizontal lines. They were lighter this time and the image came out better. So who knows? There's plenty of ink and so forth.  I went with stitching horizontally with a lighter pink thread.
Then I used a dark brown to go over the branches and the writing with free motion quilting.

Did I print the image out on the wrong side of the printer fabric, ie the paper? Why yes I did, but look how cool this is, with that column down the center. Where that came from, I have no earthly idea. I almost added in a tulle net column on the quilt to try and mimic this look, but decided to leave it as is.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

The last image can be an iteration of the finished piece. I really like this one, especially the horizontal lines compared with the thread painting.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm liking those horizontal lines too. It's been fun working on these little pieces.