Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Last Year's Books

According to GoodReads,  I read 52 books last year. A whopping 14,899 Pages in total. Average length of book 286 pages. I don't really know why, but those numbers make me happy. I guess that I'm glad that I'm still able to be a reader.

My shortest and longest books:

Little Bird #1 by Darcy Van Poelgeest
Shortest Book
44
pages
Fairy Tale by Stephen King
Longest Book
599
pages



I read two 3 book series. First was in audio book format, very entertaining, reminiscent of Harry Potter but much darker, The Scholomance by Naomi Novak  which are: A Deadly Education, The Last Graduate and The Golden Enclaves. Just like HP, these got a little hard to get through the high school romance bits, but the rest was fun enough.
And second, in digital format I read the mind-blowing and creative The Broken Earth Series by NK Jemisin, The Fifth Season, The Obelisk Gate and The Stone Sky. Fantasy/Sci-Fi perfection, amazing world building and foundation challenging ideas. Looking forward to reading the rest of this author's work.
I read a lot of Stephen King, revisited a couple of old ones, and a few new ones too. Won't stop reading him until he stops writing I suppose. Hopefully not any time soon to be clear.
My favorite non-fiction book of the year was probably The Undertow: Scenes From A Slow Civil War by Jeff Sharlett.
Beautiful essays and pictures that put together a lot about the current state of our country from a very different point of view.

No comments: