Sunday, January 14, 2024

Village Bound


Back into the pre-made binding bag, time to get the Village/Japanese Houses quilt bound.
There she is, my Binding Baby is out and about again after spending all that time in the Bag O' Binding.
It went on very easily, mostly because I decided not to worry about exactly matching up the transition from blue to grey with the background.
I stopped to take pictures, reminding myself about why I made this quilt in the first place--All These Great Japanese Fabrics.
So many of these fabrics really make me smile.
Of course I had some "help" from my studio assistant
Look! She's empty once again, hurrah.
I got so excited about this quilt being bound and so close to completion that I pinned it up on the design wall. From here it looks done.
But closer up, I think the houses need some quilting.
Especially the ones that are lined up right next to each other. So, I can't count this as a finish quite yet and I have to work out what to do. I could stitch around the door and window. Or along the bottom of each roof, or both I guess. Maybe I'll do something with an embroidery stitch, like one of those circles to make a "door-knob" on the door.


1 comment:

Jaye said...

I really like this quilt. Perhaps you want to finish the binding, then do embroidery on the other parts as the mood strikes you?