Tuesday, January 02, 2024

The First Month

Here in the first week of the first month of the year, I'm trying to make some plans, set some goals, lay the foundation, all that sort of hopeful stuff. Writing it down, using a calendar for planning and then visually blogging it here. It helped me last year to have these monthly illustrated to-do lists. There were definitely many days last year where I'd go into my workroom, having time and energy and it was wonderful to have a plan already in place. Some guidance set up ahead of time truly does help lower my frustration level. 

Based on the size for my ready to be quilted pile, I'm not signing up any more Sew-A-Long thingies this year.

So here goes for January's To-Do List:

Sew-A-Long Thingies

Trinket - quilt and bind.

Slopes - quilt and bind.


Make another side for the 
Clover Pillow with Swerves, start cutting for Colorwash

2023 Temperature Quilt- cut out the remainder of needed pieces, keep piecing monthly columns.


Pantone Project - keep making blocks and pass them on to friend Jaye.

Secret Lives of Color- post the blocks I've made, keep reading the book and making the blocks

Indigo Way - Begin work on this year's Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt. Assemble fabrics, make the first blocks.

New Work

SAT24 quilt - Finish assembling, quilt, face, label, sleeve, send to show.

Wedge Quilt - finish assembling quilt top, make a backing, quilt, bind, label.

A Hot One - planned quilt celebrating the 2023 color of the year, Viva Magenta.

Garment Sewing Academy - finish Cielo top.

Made It Work -  for BAMQG community giving, quilt, bind.

Dye Mastery Class - finish final unit on over-dyeing and patterning.


Uzoma Samuel face quilt - finish assembling face, do a background, make a back, layer, quilt, face.

Finish It Already


 
Metro Twist, quilt, bind, label.

Finish quilting Japanese Houses, bind, label.


Y.E.S. Coat 
lay out what I've made, make more elements, start assembling, cut lining pieces.

I think that this is a list full of choices and opportunities to finish many projects which is a good place start to January and 2024.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

I have a feeling this isn't the full list of all of your projects, but I think it is an excellent list of goals. I agree that having lists is very helpful.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

You are correct! Hooray for lists, and here's to crossing things off of them...