Tuesday, July 11, 2023

STP FTW

 

I've got the blouse all cut out now, even the fusible woven interfacing (as seen here) but I haven't started sewing it together quite yet. I got distracted by the bits and pieces of the Swedish Tracing Paper that were left over. I couldn't throw them away because they reminded me of something...
This stuff is basically non-woven, non-fusible interfacing. The STP (Swedish Tracing Paper) reminds me a lot of Lutradur, but a lot more flexible and not nearly as thick. So...it should be paintable right? Used some watercolor crayons for an experiment.
Oooh, look at how pretty. Over on the left is the white index card that was underneath the STP when I brushed the water brush over it. What a lovely printed texture that makes.

This is a great excuse for not sewing together the blouse, right?
Oooh, I really like painting through this stuff. Very unpredictable results.

Here's how all the watercolor crayoned STP pieces look when they're all dry. I plan to use them in my ICAD work the rest of this month.




2 comments:

Cindy said...

The pattern paper is what Betty Busby uses a lot in her work. She also uses her cutter (she has Silhouette Cameo but Cricut works well too) to make designs using larger pieces. I've usually used a full body acrylic on it since watercolor (unless it's set) might not play well with other fabric.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I thought I'd seen that somewhere and it probably was the Betty Busby talk to the local SAQA group. I was interested in her use of the cutting machine at the time.