Thursday, July 27, 2023

Set Sail Faces

 


Jaybird quilts has adapted their Set Sail pattern to work with the new Tula Pink fabric line Nightshade Déjà Vu. I really like this lattice sort of design. There's a handy dandy fussy cutting video using their SuperSidekick ruler. And a handy dandy pdf on how to adapt the pattern to fussy cutting with fabric requirements as it was written to maximize usage of a fat quarter. I think I'm going to try making a small size of this one, I really like these faces, and I don't always like the faces in Tula Pink fabrics (I know, I know that's sacrilege or whatever).

There are two fabrics in this collection with faces though. They're the same faces but in very different sizes. My plan is to try to use both. I am going to change up some of the colors of the quilt as designed, Definitely not using a pink for the lattice but tbd on that choice. I may also pull in some fussy cuts from other Tula Pink fabrics that fit this theme. 

No comments: