Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Pink Door Surprise

 
There was a total surprise in my post office box yesterday.

I had honestly completely forgotten about ordering the new Pink Door Fabrics subscription box. The boxes correspond with Tula Pink's three collections a year and are timed with their release.
The tape was not sealed, but not broken. Maybe because of the heat in transport? Nothing was missing so it was ok.
Happy Mail indeed!
Inside was a stack of the new Tula Pink fabric fat quarters Nightshade (Deja Vú) and a bundle of coordinating solid fat quarters.
And there was some matching Aurifil thread too, in 5 colors.
There was a By Annie pattern, Glo and Go which is a roll and bag combo. There was also a nice long black By Annie zipper, and a couple sliding buckles. Very cute zipper pulls, an enamel magnetic pin and a very shiny sticker that says "I Sew At Night" (hah!) Some random stuff, but very useful and/or cool overall. I'd say for the price it's a good value.
I really love the selvedges with the colors used marked by skull and crossbones.

My studio assistant thoroughly enjoyed the whole unboxing process.
She settled in as soon as the box was empty.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW! Great photos! Will you make the bag?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I think I'll try it, the pattern looks fairly easy to do and the bag looks pretty useful. I will use different fabrics though.