Monday, July 31, 2023

July Cornucopia

 

July is over, I'm betting it was hot at least some of the time. I bet I went places and did things. I also know that I spent time online reading and consuming and enjoying things and here are links to some of them:

--!!__!!--!!__!!--

A great look at this year's Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.

--!!__!!--!!__!!--

A tarot specific zoom-ish platform, Moonlight, for performing readings online, haven't tried it myself but it looks cool.

--!!__!!--!!__!!--

Playing card holders, what a great idea! Why didn't I think of this when my kids were little and would get frustrated at holding their cards when we played card games?

--!!__!!--!!__!!--

A collage call for Atoms For Peace due August 7th.

--!!__!!--!!__!!--

A great tutorial on making cloth covered buttons that are used in embroidery called Kurumi Buttons.

--!!__!!--!!__!!--

The five minute trailer for Paul Simon's The Story of Seven Psalms. The whole piece is 33 minutes and there are links to it in the YouTube, well worth a listen

--!!__!!--!!__!!--

A hopeful piece about Climate Change and Rebecca Solnit.

--!!__!!--!!__!!--

Podcasts worth a listen:

Threads of Sustainability - Bridget O'Flaherty 

Slow Burn season eight - Becoming Justice Thomas. ~ totally fascinating.

The excellent Deja News, only 6 episodes, showing how today's news events have echoes and lessons to learn from the news of yesterday. 

No comments: