Thursday, July 06, 2023

Cotton & Linen Please

 


For the Garment Sewing Academy, our first project is a fairly simple woven top, the Cielo from Closet Core Patterns. So off to Harts Fabrics I went. In my opinion they have the best selection of garment fabric around here. It's so nice to be able to touch everything too, to make sure the weight and texture of the fabric will work for me.

First up is the busier print which is a Kokka cotton voile in Stone. 

I also got the Elodie linen blend in Sun, a linen/rayon blend. I decided to try some Swedish Tracing Paper, apparently this is sewable so you can sew together the pattern paper and try it on? Kind of wow, if true!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I wouldn't have thought you needed more garment sewing lessons. You are so good already! I suppose there is always more to learn, right?

After looking at the link, even I am tempted. I am not doing it, though. The description is very well written and tempting.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, I just wanted to learn some more, and it's been very helpful. A lot of it I knew of course, but it was very well set-up, super clear videos, etc.. I think you'd like it if you want to get into more garment sewing.