Tuesday, July 04, 2023

ICAD Into July

 

I finished up June's ICAD work with some more abstracted landscapes.
Almsot fantasy or sci-fi nightmare maybe?
This is probably my favorite of this ICAD so far.
I think I do at least one of these each year for ICAD featuring this fish, because the chopstick wrapper design never changes at our favorite sushi place. And the plastic sushi grass is always a keeper, no matter the strange shape.
This was an underneath card for most of the past month, so it has all sorts of dribs and drabs and marks when I go off the edge of the card I'm working on. The polka dot strip is a udon noodle wrapper. It's this odd very flexible and thin almost fabric.
Another underneath card, turned out very moody.
Lion's eye view.
Back to the city landscape.
Landscape from above.
Ending back up in a fantasy-scape again. I'm noticing that my more abstracted landscapes tend towards fantasy/sci-fi looking stuff which isn't surprising given the majority of the visual media I tend to consume.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

It is so nice that you do this every year. You must have a nice collection of cards by now.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I do have a collection, they're in 2 photo flip albums. Very fun to look through.