Friday, July 07, 2023

Piecing Together Paper Patterns

 

Oh my goodness, this was just too much. I printed out the first pattern for the Garment Sewing Academy course that I was talking about yesterday. This is the first time I've ever tried to use a .pdf pattern for clothing. So. Many. Pages. Like as many as when I print out our taxes every year. Whooo boy. Never again. Not only do you have to tape all the pages together, but you have to trim them first to match the lines up correctly. I really really should have paid for the printed pattern, next time.

After the couple hours it took to do this, I contacted the local copy shop and they'll print patterns out on gigantic size AO paper for me for not very much $$. In fact, it's just about the difference between the .pdf pattern and the printed one. Lesson learned. Definitely going to get the other two patterns printed out from them.

This was so much nicer than fooling around with zillions of pages and trimmings. Getting to have a good lunch outside on a lovely afternoon and noticing the view through my empty bee glass.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

Darn! I should have told you my experience with taping patterns together. 😣 I pay for the paper patterns now.

Jaye said...

PS I think your strategy is sound, but I saw this post: https://www.cloverandviolet.com/2014/05/sewing-101-pdf-pattern-assembly-tips.html and thought it might be helpful.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks for the link, that was pretty much what I did. I'm going to try two different methods for the next two patterns, projector and getting them printed at a copy shop.