Friday, July 21, 2023

Summer Flower Friday

 

It's a Friday and it's the middle of summer, so it's time for a Flower Friday. The Gerbera Daisies are doing well but taking a lot of water if they're in too much sun.
A Watsonia bloomed that I'd forgotten about, this one is an interesting plummy-pink.
The bees and hummingbirds are loving the Gerberas.
I'm  so glad that we made the drive to go get these in May at Kitayama Brothers.
The roses are almost done for the year.
More daisies, but this time the smaller version, Santa Barbara Daisy. It's enjoying a mostly shady spot and spreading all over.
The Acanthus really had a big bloom this year.
Day lilies for days.

I always forget all the different color combinations that I have planted. They have all bloomed this year which I think is a first. 

Some of these got sun-blasted when we got up over 100F so I didn't get a picture of the fully opened flower.
Getting a little crispy, but still, this is my favorite color combo.
We've never had so many blooms on our pomegranate (and now baby fruits), this is after a huge amount of pruning and that unusual amount of rain.
The Gerberas in the backyard are doing pretty well too. I put some there where they are deer-proof just in case our local deer went against the rules like they do sometimes.
This sage flower spike is so hard to photograph, but boy does this plant smell good.

No comments: