Monday, July 24, 2023

Orange You Glad Finished

 

It was finally time to finish this Orange You Glad bullseye quilt which was begun in April 2022. I dug up the orange binding that I had made back in October and took this picture to commemorate the occasion complete with the kinda dumb note to self. As if I wouldn't know this orange binding would be for this quilt.
As I rounded the fourth corner...I realized I was not going to make it to where I started. Sigh, so close, about 18" away from finishing. One more WOF 2.5" strip cut, ironed and sewn on later and then I was done.
I think the darker orange Alison Glass print worked out well as a good binding frame to the craziness of this quilt.
It's a bit confusing when you try to look at the quilting to focus only on it to separate it from the top-stitched circles from the block construction phase. 
And here's how it looks: "Orange You Glad?" Done! I took this picture before washing the quilt, and if it greatly changes in size or looks I'll be sure to update this.

Thanks to friends Jaye & Adrienne, I literally couldn't have done this without you two.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I love the way you laid your quilt out! It looks great and yay! you got it done.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I love seeing how different our quilts turn out. I'm happy that it's done. Have we seen Adrienne's?