Monday, July 03, 2023

Orange Bullseye Quilting

An action shot of walking foot quilting on the Orange Bullseye, "Orange You Glad"
I first did a line of stitching along all the vertical seamlines.
The extra throat space in the new sewing machine really helps.
The Hobbs 80/20 fusible batting is working out very well to hold it all steady.
It's just fun to look at, isn't it? This is after I've done a line of stitching along all the horizontal seamlines.
In one of the corners was a pinned on note to REPAIR.
Oh yeah, now I remember, I snipped this one when I was cutting out the back of the block to reduce the bulk.
A bunch of zig-zagging will likely be enough repair, and it won't be too apparent to the eye given the wild variety of color of this quilt.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I put notes like that to myself on my quilts as well. I am finding places on one of my EPP pieces that need repair or to be sewn and have been using wonderclips.

I am so glad you are getting this quilted. I would love to have all of our quilts in this series shown together.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I definitely wouldn't have spotted this little cut in the fabric without a note! I finished quilting it yesterday, I'm so glad. It would be terrific to have them all shown together.They'd be fun to see all in one place.