Monday, July 17, 2023

Still Curvy

 

As I posted about yesterday, the Quick Curve Ruler is a pretty specific tool that does one thing really well. It results in a very gentle curve that's pretty easy to sew. 

It does take a little bit of time to get used to putting your rotary cutter blade into the slot. It's a very different way to use the tool that you're used to. I found that placing it vertically straight up and down, not angled right or left works best. The curved channel is not as big of a space as it might seem, but it guides and contains the blade really well. 
At first it didn't seem safe to me, like it would be like one of those times your rotary cutter blade ends up on top of your ruler instead of next to it and you go veering off towards your fingers. Is that just a me thing or does it ever happen to you? Anywho, that isn't an issue with this ruler after all. As per usual, just pay attention and watch what you're doing.
I got the rest of my prints cut out and then the right number of solid background pieces.
I sewed the units all together but waited to trim them to the correct size until it had cooled off enough to use the iron first. 
Here's how all but two of them look up on the wall. Wow, was this ever hard to lay out, my brain was not cooperating and had to keep referring to the pattern. I haven't played around at all with where the prints are located this was a very random placement just to see if I'd done this all right or not.

I have enough of the blue background left to make about twenty more units, and then I'll either have to switch background colors or stop making units.

No comments: