Sunday, April 23, 2023

More Yes Please


Just back from retreat with some pictures of the first thing I worked on, The Yes Coat. This was one of the things on my To Dooo List this month, so I wanted to make some progress. 
I read some of the book that I bought from Rachel D. Clark and chose one of the block ideas that she suggests.
Those can be seen on the right going down vertically. The one on the left is made from the scraps and I may like it a bit more than the others. I also paper pieced the big YES. Those blocks are 10.5" square.
Here they are in context with the other Yes's that I've already paper pieced. There's way too much contrast, so I can't use them on the outside of the coat. Perhaps they'll be part of the lining across my back. After all that work, sigh. I wish I'd really looked at the colors I was using. I think what happened was that I placed my gray hand-dye next to the print and the section that was showing was much closer to the gray print.  Maybe I can separate the letters off to different sections of the coat so that the word isn't legible.
Here's the other pieces that I've made along with the muslin pieces for the coat.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

You could scribble over it with quilting. The big yes really does look great. You could also put it vertically under your arm along your side? Then it will only show in flashes as your arm swings.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Oooh good idea with the under the arm placement.